Jimmie Smith-Tew shares tips and tricks for surviving the ProRodeo trail on this episode of The Money Barrel podcast.
In this episode of The Money Barrel Podcast, NFR qualifier Jimmie Smith-Tew breaks down all the burning questions listeners have on ProRodeos, from the first rodeo to the National Finals Rodeo.
Smith-Tew works through a variety of Rodeo 101 topics, including:
- Entering ProRodeos
- How to make a plan to rodeo—and what to do when it falls apart
- Using the WPRA membership portal
- Rodeo counts
- WPRA Tour and PRCA Tour rodeos
- Circuit rodeoing
- Rodeo ground versus jackpot ground
- Preparing horses for rodeos
- Finding places to stay on the road
- Locating vets and farriers on the road
- Keeping horses sound on the road
- Maintaining trucks and trailers
- Managing finances in rodeo
About Gold Buckle Horse Sales
Gold Buckle Horse Sales is a company that specializes in selling high-quality horses for a variety of disciplines, including barrel racing.
From looks, demeanor, soundness, temperament, athleticism, to overall mind there are a lot of factors that go into finding the right horse for you. Gold Buckle has come up with a process to take the guesswork out of finding the right horse. Each Gold Buckle Certified horse is photographed & videoed professionally as well as previewed and tested by a Gold Buckle Pro.
Gold Buckle Horse Sales holds several auctions throughout the year where buyers can bid on horses that have been carefully selected and trained by the company’s team of experts. The auctions are held both in-person and online, and buyers from all over the world can participate. Learn more about Gold Buckle Horse Sales here.